Student Registration Requirements

Any student enrolling in Cumberland County School system must provide the following information:

  1. Birth Certificate 
  2. Evidence of a current medical examination. There shall be a complete medical examination of every student entering school for the first time. This applies to kindergarten, first grade and other students for whom there is no health record.
  3. Tennessee Immunization Form ( Any student transferring from out of state must provide a Tennessee Immunization Form. You may obtain this form at the local health department.
  4. Proof of legal guardianship ( If parents are divorced, a copy of the divorce agreement with the judge’s signature must be provided showing which parent has legal guardianship.  If someone other than the birth parent(s) or legal guardian(s) is enrolling a student, you  must speak to the principal. The principal will decide if the Power Of Attorney papers will be acceptable.
  5. Proof of residency ( Parent(s) or legal guardian(s) must provide proof of residency. The correct name and address must be on a document such as a water bill, phone bill, gas or electric bill, or a rent or mortgage receipt. Miscellaneous mail is not acceptable, as it does show a stationary address.
  6. Name, Address, and Phone Number of the school you are transferring from, a withdrawal form, unofficial copy of school transcript, or you last report card.
  7. Social Security Card - requested, not required
  8. Bus Number ( Please call 484-6762 to find out the number of the bus your child will ride and the number of the miles one-way).

Any student that withdrew from our school system during the current school year to enroll in home school or that transferred to another school system is returning to CCS must provide the same information as a new student.

To prevent registration delays, you must provide the necessary information, and all paperwork must be filled out completely. This information should be readily available to ensure a smooth transition.